Foreign Minister Qureshi visiting Brussels
On Monday 7 December, Human Rights Without Frontiers (HRWF) called upon the interlocutors of FM Qureshi in Brussels
- EU High Representative and Vice President Josep Borrell
- NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg
- Sophie Wilmès, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Belgium
- Members of the European Parliament
to submit the HRWF list of Ahmadi prisoners who are currently behind bars in Pakistan on the basis of the controversial blasphemy laws:
- AHMAD Ehsan (s/o Khalil Ahmad)
- AHMAD Ghulam (s/o Ghulam Nabbi)
- AHMAD Malik Usman (s/o Malik Munawar Javaid)
- AHMAD Malik Zaheer
- AHMAD Mubasher (s/o Ghulam Rasool)
- AHMAD Naveed (s/o Muhammad Rafique)
- AHMAD Rohan (s/o Abdul Manan)
- AHMAD Shiraz (s/o Basharat Ahmad Qamar)
- HASHIMI Muhammad Mahmood Iqbal
- KALAR Ashgar (s/o Muhammad Shareef)
- MAJEED Abdul (s/o Abdul Waheed)
- SHEHZAD Tariq (s/o Sultan Ahmad)
- TAHIR Mansoor Ahmad (s/o Iqbal Ahmad)
- Detailed information about each of them can be found in HRWF Database.
At the invitation of Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Belgium Sophie Wilmes, Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi was visiting Brussels from 6-8 December 2021.
As a key component of the visit, the Foreign Minister co-chaired the 6th round of Pakistan-EU Strategic Dialogue with EU High Representative and Vice President Josep Borrell.
The European Union is one of the largest trade and investment partners of Pakistan and the current volume of bilateral trade stands at US $ 10.883 billion. Pakistan’s relations with the EU are manifest in frequent and close engagements through structured dialogues. The two sides signed the Pakistan-EU Strategic Engagement Plan (SEP) in June 2019, which provides a solid framework and blueprint for future Pakistan-EU cooperation. This would be the first in-person session of the Strategic Dialogue since the signing of the landmark SEP.
It was preceded by the 7th round of Pakistan-EU Political Dialogue, co-chaired by Foreign Secretary Sohail Mahmood and Deputy Secretary-General Enrique Mora and held online on 3 December 2021.
During his stay in Brussels, the Foreign Minister met NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg. The two sides have remained closely engaged on Afghanistan as well as undertaken joint training and capacity-building programs for military and civilian personnel.
The Foreign Minister had an exchange of views with Belgian MPs and Members of the European Parliament (MEPs).
Source: Associated Press of Pakistan